top of page
  • Ahmed Saleh

KSrelief sustains vital support for Kidney Dialysis Center at Banadir Hospital, Mogadishu

Mogadishu, December 30, 2023, The Kidney Dialysis Center at Banadir Hospital in Mogadishu, Somalia, remains steadfast in providing vital medical services, thanks to the continuous support from the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief). In the month of November, the center played a crucial role in addressing the healthcare needs of a total of 81 patients, demonstrating its commitment to delivering essential kidney dialysis services.

During this period, the Kidney Dialysis Center facilitated 835 scheduled kidney dialysis sessions for 68 patients and responded to 26 emergency sessions. Additionally, 27 individuals received comprehensive medical examinations at the kidney disease clinic, contributing to the overall health and well-being of the community. The breakdown of patients served revealed that 61% were male, 39% were female, and 4% were displaced persons, with the remaining 96% being residents.

This ongoing support is a testament to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's commitment to extending humanitarian aid through KSrelief and enhancing the capabilities of the health sector in Somalia. By actively participating in relief projects, the Kingdom aims to alleviate the suffering of the Somali people, particularly those facing kidney-related health challenges.

The Kidney Dialysis Center's tireless efforts underscore the significant impact of international collaborations in addressing critical healthcare needs in regions experiencing hardship. The support provided by KSrelief not only contributes to immediate relief but also plays a crucial role in building resilience within the local healthcare infrastructure.

As the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia continues to channel its humanitarian efforts through KSrelief, the provision of essential medical services at the Kidney Dialysis Center serves as a beacon of hope for individuals in need. This sustained commitment reflects the Kingdom's dedication to making a positive and lasting impact on the health and well-being of communities around the world.


Do you want a KSA.com Email?

- Get your own KSA.com Email like [email protected]

- 50 GB webspace included

- complete privacy

- free newsletters

bottom of page