top of page
  • Steve Halor

Prosthetic Limbs Center provides services to 348 beneficiaries in Marib, Yemen

Marib, Yemen - In a remarkable display of humanitarian aid, the Prosthetic Limbs and Rehabilitation Center project, backed by the esteemed King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief), recently extended its invaluable assistance to the war-torn Marib Governorate in Yemen. During the month of July in the year 2023, this noble initiative offered a comprehensive array of medical services to a staggering total of 348 Yemeni individuals who had tragically suffered the loss of their limbs.

The center has provided aid to a grand total of 1,307 individuals from Yemen, with men making up 73% of the beneficiaries and women accounting for the remaining 27%. In a recent development, it has been revealed that a staggering 82% of the beneficiaries were individuals who had been displaced from their homes, while the remaining 18% were residents who had not experienced displacement. This information sheds light on the demographics of those who have been impacted by the situation at hand. The center's comprehensive range of services included the production and customization of prostheses, catering to the needs of 94 patients who underwent rehabilitation through physiotherapy. Additionally, 254 patients benefited from specialized consultations provided by the center. The Kingdom's ongoing humanitarian initiatives in Yemen, facilitated through KSrelief, are making significant efforts to alleviate the suffering of the Yemeni people.

Do you want a Email?

- Get your own Email like [email protected]

- 50 GB webspace included

- complete privacy

- free newsletters

bottom of page